Accountant Interview Guide – Answers to all difficult questions
Dear future accountant, dear job seeker,
Let me keep this page short, and to the point. Here is what I have for you:
In the eBook you will find multiple brilliant answers to the following questions:
- What was the toughest accounting task you had to solve?
- Why should we hire you?
- Do you possess any knowledge of accounting standards?
- How do you ensure you make no mistakes in your work?
- Describe a stressful situation from work, and how did you handle it?
- Describe a time when you helped to reduce costs at a previous accountant job.
- What do you think is a goal of an accountant in our company?
- When you hear an expression creative accounting, what do you imagine?
- Describe a time when you faced a particularly demanding deadline to prepare a financial statement or a report. How did you react? What was the result?
- Describe a time when you had to explain a complex accounting issue to someone without an accounting background. How did you ensure your audience understood you?
- What do you hate the most about doing this job?
- … and ten other tough questions you will often have to answer in your accounting interview.
Check the sample to see how this book can help you:
Sample from the eBook
Q: Describe a time when you had to explain a complex accounting issue to someone without an accounting background. How did you help your audience to understand?
Hint: The interviewers want to hear that you know how to talk to people from other departments of the company, that you have an ability to explain difficult things in a simple way, in a language of common people.
I suggest you to mention that you are always patient when explaining things to other people, that you try to use their language. You can also say that you use pictures, charts and practical examples to make things easier for your colleagues.
– I have never been in such a situation, becasue I apply for my first job. If it happened, however, I would prepare a PowerPoint presentation with charts and illustrations, and I would try to explain the issue in a simple language. It is crucial to get the message over, and I do not mind stepping out of my comfort zone and simplifying my language.
– In my last job I asked for financial statements. I found several opportunities to reduce tax expenses while studying the documents. Other people from the company only had to modify certain transactions. But the people there had no knowledge of accounting or taxes. To present my idea as clearly as possible, I prepared charts and example case studies. I used simple words, showing them how much money we could save on taxes, if they changed the way they invoiced the client. I demonstrated everything on practical examples, using numbers and pictures. They finally got the point, and we started to apply my suggestions.
Q: Why do you think you can be a good accountant?
Hint: Interviewers can tell your strengths and weaknesses, and whether you can be a good accountant.
However, they may still ask you this question to see if you can criticize yourself, if you can assess your own skills, and if you know what it takes to do this job well.
I suggest you to be honest and humble. You should focus on the following things in your answer:
- Your abilities and experience.
- Your motivation, your enthusiasm for the role.
- Something that makes you unique, something that makes you stand out from the other applicants.
– I have studied accounting for five years. I was the best student in a class, and I always looked for practical case studies and exercises to solve in my free time. I was always trying to strengthen my practical knowledge of accounting. On the top of that, I really enjoy doing the job, and hope I can bring some good energy to your team.
– I meet the requirements, as outlined in your job description. What is more, this is the role I have always dreamed about having. I believe that a good accountant can really make a difference in a company, helping to improve ROI, by following the legal possibilities of keeping records in different ways, the most optimal for the business.
I believe that once I am trained and work for some time in your company, I can bring a lot of value back to you. That is why I applied for a job in a big company like yours, as I want to learn how to really do this job well.
——End of the sample——–
These are just two interview questions. You will find more than 20 in the book, including personal, behavioral, and technical questions. But that’s not all.
I included also two winning interview strategies, short accounting case studies, and a guide on how to solve them, some technical questions and much more.
All information from someone who has interviewed more than 1,000 applicants for various accounting and auditing jobs over the years.
Now, I do not want to waste your time with lengthy sales pages, fake reviews, and imaginary discounts, just like other people do on their websites.
You have read the sample answers, you know what the eBook is about, and surely you can tell whether it will help you get a job of an Accountant.
What is more, you can read it easily in two or three hours, it’s 13,000 words. Only things that truly matter.
What’s more, you have a risk free sixty days money back guarantee. If you don’t like the eBook for any reason, or no reason at all, just let me know (email me at caren[at]accountantinterviewquestions[dot]com within 60 days and I will give you a full refund.
- Brilliant answers to more than twenty difficult questions you may get in your interview for an entry level or intermediate accountant job.
- Updated for 2020.
- Several sample answers to each question, so you can choose one that reflects your values and experience.
- Winning interview strategies, short case studies, and more…
- Instant download, .PDF format (you can read it on any device (mobile, kindle, PC), and you can easily print it).
- Secure and simple checkout with PayPal, you can pay with your credit/debit card, or with your PayPal account.
- Price: $24.95, one time payment, no hidden fees or upsell. 60 days risk free money back guarantee. Sold exclusively on this website.
- Click the checkout button below to proceed to the payment.
(After the payment you will be automatically directed back to our website to download your Accountant Interview Guide. You will also receive a download link and instructions to your email, just to ensure that you will get the eBook without waiting, even if the redirect fails.)
(If you can not see an option to pay with your credit/debit card once you click the Buy Now button, click on “Create an account with PayPal” or “Sign up”. PayPal will then offer you an option to pay with your card (as a PayPal guest), without a need to register an account with them.)
Interview with confidence
Your interview does not have to be stressful, or difficult. You can interview with confidence, and give brilliant answers to all tough questions. Download the guide today, and succeed in your interview for a job of an accountant. I wish you good luck!
Your personal job interview coach
P.S. Send me an email to caren[at]accountantinterviewquestions[dot]com if you are still not sure how this guide will help you to get a job, or if you have any questions. Include a phone number if you want me to call you back. I answer all messages within twelve hours of receiving them.