All people make mistakes. However, in some jobs mistake can prove costly for an employer. Job of an accountant is one of them.
While it is impossible to avoid mistakes completely, you should convince the employer that you do your best to minimize the number of mistakes.
There are many ways to ensure him about it. For example you can say that you:
- Double-check everything and triple-check the most important records.
- Do your work both on paper and on computer and compare final results.
- Consult someone else every time you are not 100% sure about something.
- Look into IAS and IFSR for confirmation of your opinions.
- Let your sub-ordinate, or your colleague, to do the same tasks as you do, and compare results.
Everyone makes mistakes. However, I try my best to avoid it. First of all, I focus on my job only. I never listen to music or have something else running on my desktop while I work. Secondly, I always double check everything on my calculator, to be sure I did not make a wrong record.
I do not make many mistakes, but I understand everyone can make a mistake. If I am not 100% sure about some record, I always consult one of my colleagues or friends (experiences accountants). I have also a good knowledge of IAS and work with it often, in order to ensure my actions are the correct and best one.
I don’t pretend to be impeccable. I make mistakes sometimes. However, not when it comes to financial reporting, I am perfectly focused on my work as I understand that any mistake can lead to wrong decisions of the financial management. I understand the importance of my work and therefore I always double check everything, in order to ensure there is no mistake.